Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Jack's 1st Birthday

Here is my precious little boy on his 1st birthday. It was a football theme (I went into labor during a Duck game), and so those marks on his cheeks are supposed to be imitating a football player's.
Jack and our Compassion child Barbie have the same birthday. Hence the Barbie, and no, it's not mine. Happy Birthday Jack & Barbie!

When I sent out invitations, I never imagined that EVERYONE would RSVP yes! There were 27 people in our house. 8 babies and kids, 19 adults. It was the party of the century in Mountain Home.
Here is my amazing friend Amber and her adorable son Tristan. When we went to Tristan's first birthday in April, I was blown away by the awesome cake she made. So I told her in no uncertain terms that she had to make Jack's. And because she's so great, and despite the fact that she's pregnant, has extreme morning sickness and her husband is deployed to Afghanistan, she spent 3 hours making my son not one but TWO cakes. Here's the results:

The big cake for all of us. She did alternating colored stars, the yard lines and everything!

And then a miniature bash-cake for Jack's stuffing pleasure.

Jack absolutely loved the attention! He is so dang social it cracks me up.

Give me the cake, Dad!


As you can see, it took him a minute, but in the end, he ate the ENTIRE football on top!

My good friend Kasey's daughter Chloe with Jack.
And this was him at the end!

He did us proud.



He really enjoyed pulling tissue paper out of the sacks and ripping the paper, too!

I know most mothers say "I can't believe how fast my baby has grown up!" Well, I can, but really what amazes me is how much change one year can hold. I think back to where I was last year -- where Nick and I were as a couple and as individuals -- and I just can't believe how much Jack has changed us. I really feel our marriage has become stronger through our parenting. Jack is such a wonderful, happy, handsome little boy, and I am so excited to see him grow and mature into the person God has planned. So happy birthday, son, and I thank God every day for you.

3 comments:

  1. What precious memories you have recorded so nicely. I love the video when he is first eating his little cake! Happy 1st birthday little Jack. I'm so glad God blessed our family with YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH!!!! Wow!! What an awesome party! He is so cute! I can't believe he's 1 already.

    I think I need to hire Amber for my next birthday :-) That cake is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)