Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chocolate Caramel Apples


Here's a yummy recipe for one of my favorite desserts on earth: chocolate caramel apples. I absolutely LOVE chocolate, caramel, and apples, so this is pretty much my nirvana. Unless someone was playing with my hair and put on an Andrea Bocelli CD at the same time. One of the best parts? It only makes 4 servings, so you don't have to throw any away.


Chocolate Caramel Apples
4 medium apples
4 popsicle sticks
36 Riesen's chewy chocolate-covered caramels
4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped


Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert sticks into apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; set aside.

In a small saucepan, melt caramels and cream over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Place peanuts in shallow dish; set aside.


Working quickly, dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to completely coat, then dip bottom and sides into peanuts. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.


It came with the nutritional info, but I will not ruin your delight by disclosing it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty and sounds yummy. Have you made them yet? If so, bring some when you come for Thanksgiving, or mail them, as your father wants one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! (that's all I have to say about that)

    Oh, and gosh darn that S.Beach diet I am on.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)