Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

He's Home!

So really, a military homecoming is one of the best experiences ever. On Monday, October 6th, Jack and I got as dressed up as much as an infant and harried mother can and hightailed it to the flightline. As we got closer, I saw the airplane land and I knew my man was inside. It's a fantastic feeling knowing the deployment is thisclose to ending!

The TV cameras were rolling as women dressed like skanks (hey, wives who have been separated for half a year or longer from their husbands loosen their standards of modesty for homecomings!), babies dressed in puked-on finest, and toddlers waving American flags ran away yelling "Daddy!" until we wanted them to shut up all mingled together. The excitement was probably near the levels of Elvis visiting Mac Court in the 70s.
And then, off the first bus, there he was. Everyone else was standing behind this arbitrary line, but I've never been much for those. I hurled myself past it and into his arms. Jack survived.

So my best friend is home, and Jack and I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe if I got a book deal. But we're pretty dang happy!

3 comments:

  1. You ran past the line you were supposed to wait behind? Not you! I'm so happy for all 3 of you to be together again. You're a beautiful little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home Nick! Thank you for your service. We are proud you are in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So wonderful! It was nice to be able to see you guys too...I'm glad you're all together again.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)