Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Crazy(er) Woman

One accomplishment in life I'm quite proud of is the 2007 Eugene Marathon. I got pregnant in March (the middle of training), but kept going despite puking on the side of the road during my 20-milers and generally feeling nauseous no matter what in the weeks leading up to the race. I ran the marathon 10 weeks pregnant. When I tell people this, they usually say something like, "Are you nuts?" or "You did WHAT?" It makes me laugh.

But what I did was no match for what Sue Olsen of Burnsville, Minn. did. I read about her in the latest issue of Runner's World. She ran the 1995 Grandma's Marathon eight MONTHS pregnant. Not 8 weeks, but 8 months! She and her 13-year-old son John ran the same race together this year for fun.

And you thought I was crazy???

2 comments:

  1. Holy Moly!!

    That's amazing...good for her. I couldn't even run a marathon - let alone pregnant!

    How is lil' Jack doing these days!!?!!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)