Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

The Olympic Trials

Last Saturday, I was fortunate enough to attend the Olympic Trials at historic Hayward Field. It was an absolute blast and an experience that I would love to replicate in 2012 when they come back.


We got to see the men's high jump, women's hammer throw, men's steeplechase, women's and men's hurdles, and the women's 200 meters.

Here's Jaimie and Jeanea in our suite. The waitstaff was outstanding, and so was the lemonade. :-)


Steve and Kathi came with us.
Here was the view from where we sat. The high jump was closest.


It absolutely blows my mind how fast these people can run over hurdles!



See the guys in mid-jump? It's the craziest thing! High jump was my favorite event.


We also got to watch a very Eugenian-looking man win the steeplchase. Afterward, he stripped to his track skivvies and gave everything else to people in the crowd.

Track people are crazy.

2 comments:

  1. It was an exciting day for sure! I had fun on Sunday when we went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to watch that guy on tv make the finals, which is what you got to see in person. I'm glad that a hippie looking guy one, the clean cut look is real boring.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love your comments! :-)